Football Manager 2012 - Liverpool FC, tips & tricks about the starting squad.

Written By Lingkar Dunia on Monday, November 14, 2011 | 8:57 PM

Obviously the first team I took over when I launched the game is Liverpool FC and now I'm into my second season (28 games I think).

Main issue when it comes to LFC is resources - player quality and cash. So how do you maximize the resources and players?

I'll admit I haven't found the proper balance yet- still got some deadwood in the team by the name of Aquilani and some round holes which I'm filling in with square pegs. But rest assured - come the third season everything would be sorted.

So what are the main issues?

From day one, I was entrusted with a budget of 4mil. Only 4mil! A little wheeling dealing will take you far, and spread installments up to 48 months whenever possible. I sold several players including Jack Robinson to Real Madrid for 6mil and Jonjo Shelvey to Spurs for 12mil as I considered them surplus. Hope I wont regret this.....

But with a team already packed with confirmed buys such as Suarez, Carroll, Coates, Bellamy etc, it is sufficient, yes? Maybe not.

But how do you get by?

My first priority is getting a backup striker. Bellamy is more of a super-sub, coming in around the 70th minute for Suarez and Kuyt is getting old. So I spent a bulk of my transfer money here by getting Darwin Quintero and Felipe Caicedo. I bought Vaclav Kadlec in my second season and from the looks of it, Andy Carroll's days are numbered. Buck up, fatso. RUN MORE!

Second priority is a backup in midfield. Adam, Henderson, Gerrard and Downing can be swopped interchangeably with one another but Downing is over rated, and Adam isn't the fastest one out there. So getting another or two central midfielders is a good idea. My pick? Ivan Rakitic and Christian Eriksen. Sorted.

Backup for Lucas - Do not spend money on this. Just be patient. Stick with what you've got in Conor Coady and Jay Spearing. Same type of players and if you feel like spending, get Anthony Vanden Borre at around 600k.

In defense, no need to spend so much as LFC has got lots of promising youngsters in the form of Danny Wilson, Martin Kelly and John Flannagan. All can play more than two positions and couple with Coates, you are sorted in defense. With Carragher due to retire in a couple seasons, defense would probably holds the most promise and HG players in seasons to come.

Goalkeeper - Reina is top class. Doni and Brad Jones...are not. So spend a bit for Luis Guilherme. He'll be a solid backup keeper for domestic cup games as early as the first season.

Current LFC team, 28 games into second season -
Formation - 4-3-3; Control.

GK - Reina, Jones, Guilherme
RB - Johnson, Flanno, Kelly
LB - Enrique, Wilson
CB - Skrtel, Agger, Carra, Coates

Midfielders (i move them around so positions arent rigid)
Gerrard, Adam, Rakitic, Eriksen, Lucas, Coady, Downing

Forwards (same like midfielders, i move them around depending on defenses I'm facing)
Suarez, Quintero, Carroll, Caicedo, Leandro, Kadlec


0 comments:

Post a Comment