Novak Djokovic - News Round-up

Written By Lingkar Dunia on Saturday, May 21, 2011 | 7:51 AM

Novak is after Rafa



Courtesy: NadalCuriosites

Courtesy: Sport24

Untouchable 37-0 Novak Djokovic began his French Open countdown with a dose of humility Friday, saying that despite not having lost a match since last November, "I'm not unbeatable."

The Serb second seed, who begins his campaign against Dutchman Thiemo De Bakker in the first round, added: "Nobody is unbeatable, even though I have an incredible run that keeps going.

"I've been saying in last couple of weeks that I'm really not trying to think about the run, I'm not trying to think about when this run will end, because that will mean that I'm thinking about losing.

"That's not my priority, not my mental approach. I try always to be positive in the court and then take really one match at a time and think about only winning that certain match.

"I think it's a right attitude, and it's been going well."

Another thing Djokovic likes about his current form is his top-secret new dietary regime which he feels has contributed to some of his success. The Serb was discovered to have an allergy to wheat and has been off of gluten - bread, pasta and pizza - for months.

"I can't describe what I'm having in detail, because this is something very private and professional. What I can say is that I have decided to give it a try because of the allergies and the health, the heat problems that I had in the past.

"I wanted to see if that works, and that worked."

Djokovic will be bidding for his eighth title from as many 2011 events as he starts at Roland Garros. According to ATP calculations, he could seize the number one ranking from Rafael Nadal by reaching the Paris final.

The player who turns 24 on Monday, hopes he will be able to establish a rhythm over the fortnight after playing at the one-week Masters 1000 level in which he beat nadal in four finals this year.

"The good thing is we are playing every second day, so there is a little gap," he said before heading for a second training session on Friday.

"I know what to do. I have no major issues health wise, physically I'm fit. I'm confident that I can go out there and play five sets. This is what I'm getting ready for, definitely."

Other Articles:

Telegraph


ESPNStar

The Independent

0 comments:

Post a Comment