Maverick rides again

Written By Lingkar Dunia on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 | 10:15 PM

Is the golden age of Westerns about to reopen?

The Rap Sheet reports that James Garner is to publish his memoir.

Simon & Schuster announced Wednesday that it will publish a memoir by James Garner.

The Garner Files is due to hit shelves in November 2011.
“I’ve avoided writing a book until now because I feel like I’m really pretty average, and I didn’t think anyone would care about my life. I’m still a little uncomfortable, but I finally agreed, because people I trust persuaded me people might be interested and because I realized it would allow me to acknowledge those who’ve helped me along the way. I talk about my childhood, try to clear up some misconceptions, and even settle a score or two,” Garner said in a press release.


Simon & Schuster’s publisher, Jonathan Karp, added, “This book is charming and disarming and always entertaining--just like James Garner, or Jim Rockford, or Bret Maverick. And it’s the story of a big American life, from growing up in Oklahoma during the Depression to the Korean War and to Hollywood stardom.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment