Wiki Coffin poetry competition

Written By Lingkar Dunia on Monday, August 3, 2009 | 2:32 PM

First there was the Booker longlist, and now there is the Wiki Coffin poetry competition!

Yesterday, I received the following very amusing post:

My Mom and I love your Wiki Coffin series and are awaiting the next installment. Last winter she left a message on my phone:


"Wiki Coffin, he's our man
Cooking fish in a frying pan.
Can he solve it?
Yes, I guess.
Wiki, Wiki, yes, yes, yes"


That about sums it up.

Cynthia Allen (daughter)Marcia Caldwell (mother & Wiki inspired poet)


Having had an equally amusing "conversation" with Cynthia and Marcia, I now have permission to post their letter and their poem -- which have inspired the competition. Who can match or outdo Marcia's ditty-making skills? All entries welcomed.

Deadline? How about the last of August?

And the prize? Not exactly Booker level, but a signed copy of Deadly Shoals must be worth something!

0 comments:

Post a Comment